It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dr. Appointments

The girls both had appointments today, Aubrey had her 3 year appt and Evvy had her 15 month appt a month late. This was Aubrey's first real Big Girl Appt! Nurse Diane took her to the big scale and weighed and measured her, and then had her sit on the chair instead of table where she took her blood pressure, measured her head, and pricked her finger to test her iron levels. She did great through all of it! I completely expected tears when she got her finger pricked but she was a champ! I was severely anemic while pregnant with Evelyn and had to have my iron levels checked about every two weeks and it brought me close to tears, so I was such a proud mama when she just calmly sat watching!


After Evelyn got her measurements taken we headed to our room to wait for Dr. Sally. Aubrey's iron levels came back a tad bit low, so we'll be eating more red meat but, other than that, both girls checked out fine.

Aubrey weighs 30lbs (42%) and is 36 3/4 inches tall (also 42%)

Evelyn weighs 22lbs (32 %), is 32 1/4 inches tall ( 87%), and her head circ. is 18 1/4 (56%)


Dr. Sally always says she's amazed at how good the girls are and this time was no exception.
They both always just play quietly until its their turn to be looked over and then just sit perfectly still while Dr. Sally examines them. Aubrey didn't have any shots at this appt. but Evelyn did :'( Though she handled it like a champ like always, not even a tear! Nurse Diane is always amazed by that and I really think it has to do with the fact that I stay calm and relaxed while they get shots so they don't feed off my emotions, because when both girls get shots in the same visit there is always tears. Aubrey usually gets worked up my them and in turn Evelyn gets worked up over Aubrey's response. Anyway this time I took my camera along and got some pics.









0 comments: