It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sky Meadow Farm

While looking for a pumpkin patch, I found an awesome pick-your-own orchard in Leona Valley (about 15 minutes from here) that is pesticide free and I knew I wanted to take the girls apple picking. I had been looking forward to this for months now and we finally had a free weekend so we went today. It was a blast! The girls loved picking the apples and Aubrey got licked by a cow. (Which by the way are soft and furry like a teddy bear, being a beach girl I'd never seen a cow like that and Craig of course had to make fun of me for it, lol.) The apples at this orchard were Arkansas Black apples, which I'd never heard of but they are soo good! And are suppose to last up to 6 months in the fridge, so I'll definitely be going back to get some more. I also am hoping to drag someone along with us so we can take a family photo :)




























0 comments: