It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Aubrey is in love with The Little Mermaid right now so naturally she wanted to be Ariel for Halloween and Evvy is too little to want to be anything specific, so I thought Flounder the Fish would make them a cute pair! I decided to make Aubrey's costume, since I didn't like how the premade costumes had skirts instead of fins. I was really happy with how it came out seeing how I'd never made any clothes before. I also made her a crab candy bag out of a stuffed crab by replaceing the "shell" with a bag and adding a handle. Aubrey also wanted me to be Ursula (her FAV. Disney villain) I searched all over for a Ursula costume but had no luck finding one so I attempted to make one. Unfortunatly I waited until the last day to make it and didn't do such a great job, but after spending hours on it, I wasn't not going to wear it even though no one was going to no who I was. I'm so glad I did cause Aubrey LOVED it and has been talking about my costume all day!! It's nice knowing that it made Aubrey happy, even thought no one had any idea what I was! Unfortunatly I couldnt convince Craig to be King Triton, though I tried my best!


Aubrey and I, in my horrible attempt at Ursula

Evvy, Aubrey and I


Evvy as Flounder



She wasn't a fan of the big hood

Aubrey and her crab bag




0 comments: