It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Rolls

Last night after church the girls and I made Resurrection Rolls to help explain the meaning of Easter to them. Since Aubrey is such a hands on learner I knew it would be a hit! There are a few different expainations that use every step to symbolize what Jesus went through but since Evvy is still kinda young I used an easier one this year.



The night before Easter you roll out bisquit dough...





Eating the dough is not required :)


Add some melted butter and Cinnimon and sugar...

"Anoint" a marshmallow (Jesus) with Butter (oil) and Cinnimon sugar (spices)...



Silly Daddy!

And wrap it in a Tomb of dough.


Then you bake it and wait till morning to find out what happened!




0 comments: