It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Friday, January 7, 2011

No More Aubrey-punzle

So yesterday after giving Aubrey a bath, I was brushing the horrible tangles out of her hair and realized that handfuls of hair were falling out! Turns out Aubrey had found some scissors and cut her bangs (which have been in her eyes) and hair because she "didn't like it" (also the same reason she took a pen and colored all over the 16x20 family portrait I just had printed out.) I love that the girls are so independent but some times I wish they weren't that independent, like thinking they can make their own breakfast and such...

Anyway her hair was way beyond salvaging, she pretty much cut one side of her hair to her shoulder leaving the other side mid-back length. So off to the salon we went today. We knew she was going to end up with a bob and while she probably needed that much cut off just to remove the split ends and such, I was so sad to see it get cut off!!! I know it's just hair and it will grow back but I loved her long hair. She had just gotten to the point where she would let me fix her hair into braids, buns and pigtails, and occasionally even let me curl it! While I hate the idea of her growing up, I loved how her hair made her look like a slender little girl as opposed to baby girl with a round face. She too is sad that she no longer has long hair "like Belle" and as I write this is whinning that she wants her hair to be long again. It'll take some getting used to but I already am warming up to it just a few hours after, plus we shouldnt have anymore fights over brushing her hair. Here are some Before and After photos:
These two were taken just a few weeks ago, I was just commenting how long her hair was getting

The damage

This doesn't even begin do it justice


At the Salon

Her new hair

0 comments: