Bed time around here has been horrible lately! Evelyn had always been a good sleeper, even when we took the side off her crib to make it a toddler daybed, but ever since our first night in our new place it has been a constant battle with her. Here the girls are sharing a room (and Aubrey is actually sleeping in it!) which we though might be a problem but that isn't the case, Evvy just refuses to go to bed before 11 or 12!! Even when we start bedtime around 7 like we used to, it still takes hours for her to fall asleep. Normally that wouldn't be too bad because I've always been a night owl but during the move my sleep schedule changed and I am exhausted by 8 or 9. Aubrey has been doing great in her bed, she whines for a few minutes and than falls asleep and will sleep through the night.
Evvy on the other hand won't fall asleep despite trying everything we can think of; letting her fall asleep watching a movie, laying in her bed with her, taking Aubrey out of the room...I would just bring Evvy to bed with us but I don't sleep well to begin with and adding a squirming toddler to my bed only leaves me EXHAUSTED when I wake up even after 8+ hours of sleep! And while I am thankful that Aubrey has been going to sleep early, because she goes to bed early she also gets up early which means I can't even sleep in...It's a vicious cycle and I really hope the end is near because both Craig and I are starting to loose our patience and are missing our time together after the girls in bed.





0 comments:
Post a Comment