It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Journey to Colorado Part 1

Our trip through LAX started off kind of rough, but thankfully that was the only bump we had along the way. I've been waiting on a replacement licence since Nov. and a photo ID is required to fly, though the TSA can approve passengers on a case by case basis. I had no problem getting though just a few weeks ago but this time when we checked our baggage I was listed as a Selectee, which I guess just means you're subject to additional security checks. Craig had to take the girls through security by himself while I waited for someone to give me the OK. Like last time, I had my Sam's club card with a photo and a credit card with my name on it, though I wass asked a lot more questions before they let me go though the metal detector and then I was patted down, and they swiped by belonging to make sure there wasn't any residue on them. Thankfully that went all right, and even though I knew there was no reason I shouldn't be approved I was afraid I wouldn't get through. After all that I was taken to a little room where I got to hold Emma (our cat) while they took her carrier through the ex-ray machine and then we were good to go! The woman that helped me was great and couldn't believe they didn't just let me go through, since I was traveling with my family.

Anyway we got on the plane alright, we didn't have seats together so Craig sat with Aubrey in the front and Evvy, Emma and I were wayyy in the back. Everytime Evvy looked out the window she would tell me there was a shark! She thought the engine was a shark, silly girl! We made it to Salt Lake behind schedule so we had to rush to our connecting flight and just barely made it! By that time it was 8pm and the we were all hungry, so it made for a rough flight! Thankfully it was only a 40 minute flight because the girls were soo cranky! But we made it, got our rental car and checked into the hotel!


0 comments: