It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bedtime Routine

We've recently added to the girls bedtime routine, we now read the bible before they brush their teeth and then we pray together before they get in bed. Evvy still doesn't have the attention span to completely sit through either, but Aubrey does and loves it! My heart just swells with love and pride when I see her reading the bible or praying on her own, so much so that I just want to hug and squeeze her! Last night our friend Jon came over right before their bed time and I was afraid that it would make it difficult for Aubrey to settle down (she loves Jon!) but I think the swimming we did that afternoon really must have tired her out because she brought me the bible all on her own and after only 1 story, knelt down and prayed all by herself!!! I couldn't hear all of what she said because she was whispering but I did her her say "Thank you for mommy and daddy." Up until now usually she thanks God for things like her happy meal toys (she is only almost 3 :)) so I was soo surprised to her pray like that. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing her pray, though her politness also amazes me.


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

3 John 1:4


0 comments: