So they got me into a room, I wasn’t given an IV or monitored, which I was SO happy about. DH broke out the laptop and we watched a couple episodes of Rome that he had downloaded, I was having contractions but they still weren’t painful and I could tell the nurses thought I was just taking up a room, so I started walking. The walking made my contractions a lot closer together and a tiny bit painful, all in my back, but it still wasn’t bad and as soon as I sat down they went away. This went on until about 2 when the nurse checked me again and said I was at 6cm. At 4pm she made me get in bed so she could monitor the contractions for a bit before my midwife, Kathy, came to check me again. Lying in bed made my back labor a LOT worse but the contractions were still 4-6 minutes apart and I joked with the nurse about going home, since I didn’t think I had made much progress.
At 5pm Kathy showed up and I told her I didn’t think much had changed and that the baby still felt pretty high. She said she could break my water but I was afraid that that would just make my contractions worse and than I’d have to deal with those for a couple more hours and I’d end up getting an epidural, which I didn’t want. So we decided she would check my progress before we made a decision, well she did and I was at 9cm! She broke my water and said I should have her in about 30 minutes and she went to get changed. The nurse went to get a birthing bar and DH chose to use the bathroom at the same time leaving me by myself and seriously as soon as the door shut behind him I felt the urge to push, so I was pushing the nurses’ button like crazy! I did not want to deliver the baby myself. Kathy, Craig and the nurse came back in and they set up a birthing bar, which I know was freaking Craig out, and as soon as I pulled my self off the bed I HAD to push, Kathy was telling me to wait so she could get her gloves on so I tried but it was no use, she was coming! I pushed once and her head came out, Kathy by that time had managed to get one glove on so I waited a second for her to get the other one on, pushed again and she was out! All while Craig stood in the corner at the head of the bed, poor thing! I know he though the baby was just going to fall out on to the bed and land on her head.
When my legs finally stopped shaking long enough to be useful I sat back down and was able to hold my precious baby girl. She was Beautiful! She was given a APAG score of 9 and needed a little bit of help clearing out some fluids but other that that she’s amazing! Craig brought Aubrey in to see Evelyn and was soo sweet with her. I already know she is going to be a great sister! Our nurses were wonderfull and Evelyn never even had to leave our room. We left the hospital the following morning and are now at home enjoying our new little girl.
Craig, Kristen
Aubrey
and now...
Evelyn Faye




0 comments:
Post a Comment